Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Faithful Readers- give me your insigth

I haven't made any posts since last month. Its not because I haven't been preaching.
A couple of months ago I accidentally arrived in the pulpit without my sermon manuscript. I prayed and went ahead and preached. I had so much fun and more importantly, I felt like I communicated God's Word more clearly- when I wasn't tied down to a manuscript. So that started a journey towards looking at how I prepare and deliver my sermons. Where I have ended up is that I no longer have a "manuscript stage" in my sermon preparation process. Now I do more things with paper and pencil- sketching and scribbling- before I ever get to a computer. Then eventually I get to a computer and I make an outline- then I morph the outline into something the congregation can use as sermon notes- and I take a filled in version of the sermon notes up into the pulpit and I preach from it- except now that I have this new found freedom, I often find myself leaving the pulpit. So that's pretty much where I am at. I feel a bit guilty- because I know there were at least a few folks, some friends and some church members who live far away who would read the manuscripts.
So if you are one of those- what should I do? Would a filled in outline do anything for you? Probably not. My honest goal is to audio- you know- MP3 sometime in 2007- if I can find an efficient, non-expensive way to do it.
We probably need a church website eventually- maybe it will happen that way. I don't know.
Send me your feed back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home